Re: Creating an accessible Table of Contents

Hi Ramón,

I simply believe the burden to make operating systems accessible should be on the operating system, not only on some format for transporting content.

The burden for content formats should be:
- content format must be accessible on all levels (public specification, preferably no patents or similar, mechanisms to access content in an accessible / structured/ meaningful fashion)

Just envision some operating system decided not to support a certain technology or format any longer - is it then up to that technology or format to fix the operating system? One might think this can only happen to the likes of Flash, but what if someone decided HTML is not what they wish to support? Would all HTML become inaccessible because  of this?

So in the field of PDF we may need to begin to shout in the right direction - for Mac OS that would be Apple, because they make a wonderful accessibility technology, VoiceOver, and then they forget to make it accessible for one of their own core technologies (PDF is **the** visual content display and print technology of  both mac OS X and iOS), and also make it impossible for other vendors to develop a software extension to add such PDF accessibility to VoiceOver.

Olaf