Re: Creating an accessible Table of Contents

Hi, Ginger and all,

I am not talking about the possibility of just reading the text of a PDF
document, but about the possibility to read it in an accessible way.
I've prepared a simple example of an "accessible" PDF document to
illustrate the issue. You can access it here (I apologise in advance if
I missed something and it's not completely accessible):

http://ramoncorominas.com/stellar_classification.pdf

This document has a 2-level heading structure, 2 links, an image with
alternative text, several lists and a data table. Now, using MacOS:

- Can you navigate the PDF structure using the headings?
- Can you obtain a list of links? Can you activate those links?
- Can you read the alternative text of the image? Do you even know that
there is an image?
- Can you navigate through lists and list items? Do you even know that
there are lists?
- Can you navigate the table and understand its data? Do you even know
that there is a table?

If the answer is "yes", please tell me how you do it. I'm sincerely
interested on that, since I've not being able to find a tool that reads
the PDF accessibility tagging on MacOS.

If the answer is "no", then I cannot say that PDF accessibility features
are "accessibility supported", unless they are only available in a
closed environment only Windows platforms are used.

Regards,
Ramón.