Re: The future of WCAG - maximising its strengths not its weaknesses

Actually,  WCAG itself isn't being updated (stable standard)

But it was designed to say "what  not how" so that it could be continually refreshed for new technologies via its techniques and "how to meet" docs.

Best of both worlds.

So WCAG WG is close to another update of Techniques and How to Meet  (we did one already since WCAG) and will continue to do so periodically to keep up with new technologies, and new techniques.

A task force of the WCAG WG was formed of WCAG members and members of the ICT industry and field to answer a call for information on how to apply WCAG with non-web content.   It is out for review so we encourage people to comment on it as well.

Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center
and Biomedical Engineering University of Wisconsin-Madison
Technical Director - Cloud4all Project - http://Cloud4all.info
Co-Director, Raising the Floor - International - http://Raisingthefloor.org
and the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure Project -  http://GPII.net