Re: Keyboard Accessibility of Drop Down Menus

On 02/01/2013 23:57, Userite wrote:
> The pull-down sub-menu is hidden until the main
> menu item receives focus (:hover, :active and :focus pseudo-classes are
> required).

Do you have some example markup+css? The main problem I've always
encountered is that, unlike :hover, :focus is lost as soon a user tabs
into a child element, thus immediately hiding the submenu as soon as you
move away from the main item that triggered its display. I've found no
way around this other than using extra JS to "keep" the submenu open via
an added class injected to the main item.

Patrick H. Lauke