RE: Embedded video frames

From: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 09:03:49 -0400
To: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, Ginger Claassen <ginger.claassen@gmx.de>
[Charles wrote]
> Sure. You can add a title attribute to basically anything in HTML.

You can, however, for clarification to the readers of this list, the title
attribute for some elements is meant to be supplementary only and should not
be used to label the element.  In the case of a frame the title will provide
an accessible label to users of assistive technology.  For other element
such as the embed element or object element it may appear like a good method
but the title attribute would likely never be seen.  For elements like divs,
tables, etc. the title should not be used to provide an accessible label as
it is not the appropriate method.

Jonathan