Re: International Web Access Guidelines “Ineffective”, PhD thesis Claims

I think I would have to concur with Steve's conclusion. The thesis quite clearly states that they avoided including a control group. This would have allowed them to eliminate the usability findings which I think simply pollute the findings. They are important and they are key to developing good websites but the existence of these issues do not prove that WCAG doesn't work.

Definitely keen to seem more of this research but there seems to be a serious need to ensure that any poking and prodding around the current guidelines needs to be done with a measure of cognisance regarding how they are used in the wild.

Kevin

--
Kevin White
Principal Experience Designer

tel:             0131 220 5671
mobile:     07791 895 472
web:          www.nilehq.com
address:  13-15 Circus Lane, Edinburgh, EH3 6SU