Re: Current suggestion for subheading isn't accessible

From: Duff Johnson <duff@duff-johnson.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 11:06:46 -0400
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
> <small> element is used as inline side note and is for annotating
> another inline element. It doesn't possess the meaning of subheading.

What is that "meaning," please?

Why isn't this concept fundamentally stylistic?

I'm not dead-set against your point, but I'd like to hear the "meaning" of subtitle articulated beyond pointing out that HTML markup (and PDF, for that matter) doesn't accommodate it as-such.

All the best,

Duff Johnson

Independent Consultant
ISO 32000 Intl. Project Co-Leader, US Chairman
ISO 14289 US Chairman
PDF Association Vice-Chairman

p  +1.617.283.4226
e  duff@duff-johnson.com