RE: Virtual Buffer Refresh

Not the case.  Our controls never change roles.  A textbox is a textbox is a textbox.  Which makes me wonder, do we need to assign roles to each control?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Avila [mailto:jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:54 PM
To: Greg Davies; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: Virtual Buffer Refresh

> .  The issue I am having is once the postback is complete, the screen
reader announces every subsequent input type as the same type as the control that changed originally to effect the postback.

One thing that I have learned from working with AT vendors is that controls should never change roles.  For example, a control that was a button should not become a checkbox.  AT and perhaps accessibility APIs do not handle that situation well.  I am not sure if that is what is occurring in your situation or not.

Jonathan