touching the internet
Reducing Technology's disabilities
One Byte At a time

On Apr 24, 2013, at 4:50 PM, "Bryan Garaventa" <bryan.garaventa@whatsock.com> wrote:

Is this on the Mac, or on an iPhone/iPad?

I'll file a bug with Apple within the next couple of days, as soon as I can find the time.

Thanks,
Bryan

----- Original Message -----
From: David Hilbert Poehlman
To: Bryan Garaventa
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: Voiceover doesn't detect innerHTML?

I get the same failed behavior in chrome.

--
Jonnie Appleseed
With His
touching the internet
Reducing Technology's disabilities
One Byte At a time

On Apr 23, 2013, at 7:46 PM, "Bryan Garaventa" <bryan.garaventa@whatsock.com> wrote:

Hi,
My colleague brought this up today, and I thought it was interesting. It appears that Voiceover on iOS devices doesn't support the use of innerHTML, where the changed content is not actually detected.

I tried his test page at
http://jsbin.com/ivukup/24
Using an iPhone with the latest OS, and it appears to be true. Tapping the third innerHTML link increments the value, but not for Voiceover.

Has anyone else encountered this before?