Re: Voiceover detection in JavaScript

Charles wrote:

> I suspect it is actually pretty important for people who do that. And they
> are a non-trivial set of people. So I think that's a bug that it would be
> nice to see fixed... among all the things in the universe that I would like
> to see fixed.

I agree it should be fixed in VoiceOver/Safari, I've come across sighted
users of VoiceOver, but I was just comparing with not having access to the
content at all.

Going back to the start of the thread, I would rather not see developers
trying to fix it by using JavaScript to scroll the box, as that is likely
to trip up other UAs. It is something that should 'just work' when you have
a scrolling box. I assume it's similar to the issue VoiceOver/Safari used
to have with within-page links and the focus not moving.

-Alastair