Re: Keyboard controls for landmarks

On 07/04/2013 14:55, Léonie Watson wrote:
> At the moment I think Opera is the only browser to enable keyboard
> navigation by headings, although in later versions this option isn’t on
> by default.

Also not sure with the upcoming Opera 14 (based on Chromium) if those
features will be present at all, as some of the older stuff had to be
sacrificed for the rendering engine switch...

Speaking of ARIA, and in particular ARIA roles: am I right in thinking
that browsers should, in theory, automatically map new HTML5 structural
elements to ARIA roles? And, if so, does any browser already do it...and
more importantly, is that exposed via JavaScript in any way? I tried
accessing the "role" attribute on elements like <main> and <header>, but
unless there's an actual role attribute in the HTML itself, that
property doesn't seem to be present in JS for those elements...am I
missing something?

Patrick H. Lauke