RE: Accessible CSS / JS Bootstrap framework

Thanks Brian and Steve for these suggestions. However, I was really after a
framework which also includes layouts and the notion of a theme rather than
specifically an accessible widget library.

I do obviously appreciate that it is entirely possible to create such a
thing based on either of the widget toolkits you suggest, or jQuery UI for
example which also seems to incorporate accessibility to some degree, but I
was hoping that by including a default theme or style as well, it could
significantly reduce the burden on authors to understand anything about
accessibility.

Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing in general is perhaps a subject
for another thread, but on the whole, if an author could simply create a UI
using html and CSS classes which the framework turns into something visually
appealing then it is worth investigating.

Obviously I understand that the author still needs to create the content and
mark it up using the appropriate styles etc, as well as design the site in
such a way that it makes sense, but if they didn't have to worry about
whether for example a date picker is accessible and just added a
"datepicker" class to a textbox or whatever to produce an accessible date
picker, that would certainly be helpful. And obviously the end result is a
reasonable looking, visually appealing site.

Cheers
Ian