Re: Contrast ratio 4.5:1 applies to rollovers?

Jonathan wrote:

> There are a few other items that must follow contrast requirements that
> people often forget too.  These involve color differentiation:
>
> · Linked and non-linked text when color alone is used to
> indicate links
> · Custom focus rectangles

I would also add:

- Empty form fields (sometimes they are almost undistinguishable from
the background).

- Of course, also the text inside fields when they are not empty should
meet the success criterion. Placeholders may be an exception, provided
that they are not used as the label of the fields (placeholders must not
be used as labels).

- Lines, curves, shapes, symbols, icons, etc. within graphics/diagrams
that convey information to the user.

In addition, we are experimenting some trouble with the interpretation
of the exception due to Logotypes. Some logos consist of an image AND
some text. In many cases, the text could be implemented using real text
styled with CSS, but clients argue that it is part of the logo and
therefore an exception. In general, this is ok, but sometimes they are
applying this "technique" to include an icon or decorative image
accompannying a lot of text inside a single banner, arguing that the
"logo" -image- part implies that the complete banner image is an
exception to the contrast rule, which IMO should not be allowed. I would
like to know your opinion about this.

Regards,
Ramón.