RE: Programmatic association of generic link text

[Roger wrote]
> However, on a wider point - I am becoming increasingly concerned by the
tendency to see Techniques as rules. Let us not forget, Techniques are
informative, whereas Principals, Guidelines and Success Criteria are
normative.

Yes, but the language of paragraphs, heading, etc. is not from the
techniques but from the definition of programmatically determinable in the
WCAG document

"Example: In HTML, information that is programmatically determinable from
a link in English includes text that is in the same paragraph, list, or
table cell as the link or in a table header cell that is associated with
the table cell that contains the link."

Jonathan