Re: what do I use.?

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, Wayne Dick wrote:
> I am going to start a new tread called. What do you use for
> accommodation?  How does it apply to accessibility?
>
> Wayne

1. I use linux so I can control how it works completel/y
2. for mail etc I use plain text mailer such as Pine or Alpine
3. for web I prefer again plain text such as lynx but now days so few
websites will run on plain text it is criminal.
4. so I will if neccesary muddle thru websites I must see in a modified
version of firefox. usually I skip em, thank goodness W3C/WAI works well
in lynx.
5. I haven't found the perfect screen reader yet, eMACspeak is powerful
but complex and can be clunky at times.
6. Orca is fun but basically a toy etc. etc etc...
7. am cheap and a bit of a iconoclast so won't use proprietary anythings
8. for office stuff I have the Libre office suite, not perfect but getting
there.

how do we find the tool that can be all things to all users???  I know I
dream.

who's next. this could be interesting

Bob