Re: SC. 1.4.4 Resize Text is a really good tool to detect bad design.

Hi Ramon,

Yes CSS is not a perfect test.  But when it works you can get a nice
uniform view.  Sometimes simple text-enlargment causes such distortion
with large headings it get hard to assess what is going on.

Mostly these comments apply mostly to consultants and developers who
have control over the sight.  It is for pre-release testing or
retrofit testing.

My own example of use is not unusual.  I have a simple bludgeon style
sheet for quick reads

/*****************************************************
		Dark on Tan for Reading
*******************************************************/

/* Default preferences */
html   {background-color: #AB9B79 !important;
    color:  #000000 !important;
    font-size: 28px !important;
		line-height: 1.3!important;
		font-family: tahoma !important;
}
html  * {background-color: inherit !important;
        color: inherit !important;
        font-size: 1em !important;
		line-height: inherit !important;
		font-family: inherit !important;
}

In firefox is use 28px in general, 24px min in my options.
When these fail, I shut off options and do text-only enlarge.

This is not a bad use pattern.  So, it is a pretty good quick-test
pattern.  Only the t,ext-only zoom is required.  Note that my
line-height forces some line-squeezing away, but you can cut out the
line height lines to see some lines squeeze together in bad code.

I do not suggest this as an only test, but it does reveal some
unacceptable rigidity.  You probably do not need the color change, I
do.

Wayne