RE: Jelly Bean accessibility info request

[Roger wrote] I am experiencing great inconsistencies in how they handle
different sites and apps.

We got a Nexus 7 phone and updated it to Jelly Bean (4.1.1) last week.   My
co-worker has the tablet and has similar feedback.  The support is much
improved and the screen reader support definitely feels much more like that
of iOS (with some differences).  However, I have experienced the same
issues with the ChromeVox browser that comes installed (with the script
feature turned on).    Because the browser is running these scripts based
on navigation it seems to have several issues:

1.       The navigation in the browser is sluggish

2.       Sometimes when navigating nothing is announced – especially in
paragraph/group navigation mode

a.    Perhaps this is a timing issue.

3.       Editing and using the keyboard are an issue

a.    Eyes-free keyboard does not appear to be compatible with 4.1.1

b.    The lift finger to type mode doesn’t have a delay like the iOS touch
typing mode which makes it difficult to type as unwanted characters are
easily entered.  Moving away from the keyboard to avoid entry can cause
focus to leave the input field

c.    There is no double tap/split tab typing mode for the keyboard

There are some nice additions such as the visual focus indicator (Orange on
my phone) and internal apps like the home screen are now accessible.  I
haven’t had time to try all of the built-in apps yet.  The settings screens
appeared to me much more accessible and the additional of large fonts is
welcome.  The new voices are great – the default voice reminds me of the
one from Oratio.

Jonathan