Re: Who can say that a web page is accessible according to wcag?

Hi Marcelo--

It seems to me that the best way to have a person with a disability test an application for accessibility is to have them do typical tasks with it and see if they have difficulty.

If you are asking how someone with a disability can evaluate an application for accessibility with respect to the WCAG checkpoints, then there will be the additional challenge of finding accessible tools for them to use--and even then, depending on the disability, they probably won't be able to test everything.

Best regards,

Mike

Michael S. Elledge
Associate Director
Usability/Accessibility Research & Consulting
Michigan State University
517-353-8977