Re: Using tab stop on important text

Devarshi,
when you say: "A keyboard only user, without an AT, would be benefitted.
Users with learning disabilities may learn better. If
it accommodates more users, it should be encouraged."

Interesting, do you have any studies or data that support your claim? What
IF is doesn't accommodate more users?  I'm trying to envision how a
sighted user (non magnifier, non screen reader, non-AT user) would benefit
from tab stops on elements that do not require interaction, like headings
and explanatory text in forms?  Seems to me they would NOT use the
keyboard to direct their eyes to what to read, and would probably be even
more confused when the cursor did stop on headings and text when their
eyes would already be reading ahead (or behind).  I wouldn't think that
the blinking cursor is that effective alone in getting their attention
without any additional AT doing some voice or highlighting.  So, what
benefit is there for the keyboard (non-AT users) to stop on headings that
are already bold and possible colored/styled differently than the rest of
the text?

And what about the keyboard user without a learning disability that is
trying to be more productive that now has to tab a bunch more times to get
to the interactive elements? He or she will hate that web application for
doing that to them.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,