Reaching out to the W3C working group

Dear Everyone-

As some of you may know, the US Department of Transportation (DOT) has
issued a request for comments on a proposed regulation that will cover the
websites of foreign air carriers and US airport kiosks.

In response, a research project out of Cornell University has created an
online environment for accessible web developers to easily participate in
this comment period.  This online environment is not being offered by DOT
but is a way for you to easily understand and participate in the rulemaking
process and make a contribution on how you think accessible web design
and/or accessible kiosks should be approached.

I am forwarding to you an email from Dmitry Epstein at Cornell University
who is seeking input from the W3C interest group on the DOT rules for
websites of foreign air carriers.  His project has set up an online website
for your participation that is viewed by some as a more friendly and easier
way to comment on the proposed rules for websites of foreign air carriers.

If you have never participated in the US government process of rulemaking, I
strongly encourage you to try out the Regulation Room at
www.Regulationroom.org as discussed below.  It really is critical that
policymakers hear from developers about what you think about the rules for
implementing accessible websites for foreign air carriers.

It is my understanding that the deadline is November 17, so please respond
as soon as possible so that all the comments from the web developers can be
consolidated and submitted before that date.

Best regards,

Cynthia Waddell

CynthiaSays.com

Cynthia D. Waddell, JD

Executive Director and

Law, Policy and Technology Consultant

International Center for Disability Resources

   on the Internet (ICDRI) Phone:  (408) 691-6921

 <http://www.icdri.org/CynthiaW/cynthia_d.htm>
http://www.icdri.org/CynthiaW/cynthia_d.htm

ICT Accessibility & Government Services Expert

United Nations Global Initiative for Inclusive ICTs

www.g3ict.com <http://www.g3ict.com/>

Vice-President, Global Alliance on  Accessible Technologies

   and Environments (GAATES)