Re: browser support for heading navigation

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 22:26:12 +0200, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
wrote:

> Christophe Strobbe wrote:
>>
>> The list of keyboard shortcuts for Opera 11.10 does not list
>> shortcuts for navigating headings :
>> <http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.10/en/keyboard.html>. The tutorial
>> "Use Opera without a mouse" states that you can use the keys W and S
>> to navigate to the previous and next header [sic!] on the page:
>> <http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/nomouse/>. Unfortunately,
>> this tutorial is not referenced by the page with keyboard shortcut
>> and the keys don't work if you don't enable them in the preferences
>> (the tutorial does not tell you that; see
>> <http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/201003/heading_navigation_in_web
>> _browsers/>
>> for the instructions).
>
> Hi Christophe,
>
> That's not good.  I am BCC'ing my Opera Posse to see if that can't be
> addressed more elegantly.

They are indeed on it.

Oddly enough, Opera had header navigation many years before JAWS did (the
fact that it is so ingrained is part of the reason why the documentation
isn't so easy to find - although it is in fact there).

cheers

Chaals

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan litt norsk