From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Karl Groves
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:09 AM
To: accessys@smart.net
Cc: John Foliot; EmbedPlus; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Web video accessibility

I think you may misunderstand the meaning of "lowest common denominator",
specifically the operative word "common".   Lynx is very definitely not
common among the PWD that I know, and for obvious reasons: there's a lot
better stuff out there, both free and non-free. Your arguments in support of
FOSS which you attempt to claim is due to poverty rates of PWDs are
unsubstantiated by anything more than simple conjecture and is still not an
effective argument for Lynx as the lowest common denominator. If you can
supply hard data which substantiates any claims that Lynx is widely used by
PWDs, please share it because I'm genuinely interested. Looking back at
lifetime analytics on my sites shows Lynx usage at 0.0%.

Karl