Re: Popups

Andy
pop ups are not bad per se... in fact, they can and do enhance the user
experience in certain circumstances. In yet other cases they are an
obstruction.

It depends on what it is that your client is trying to achieve. If it will
supply useful information to the user, then don't kick against it, but make
sure that the feedback / information so provided is accessible. For example,
if the pop-up is used to confirm the product has been added and the user's
browser does not support scripting/popups, a physical line of text may be
displayed to confirm the product has been added (which can be hidden in the
view seen by users who get the popup) .

You may also suggest to your client that a better way would be to display a
dynamic basket on the page, or at least a line somewhere prominent to show
the number of items in the basket. This could show some sort of icon when
the basket has been updated and may serve the same purpose as the popup,
while being present as a reminder of the basket contents...

Understanding what exactly it is that you are trying to achieve will help in
advising how to please your client as well as make the functionality
accessible.

Kind regards
Harry