Re: internet usage by people over 60

At 15:50 1/03/2011, Petra Kubina wrote:
>Hi everyone
>
> > the more you know your visitors and what problems they encounter to
> > more you can build better websites.
>
>And the more user agents can be improved - I think it is a big usability
>problem that many people do not know the power of their local software
>like browser, pdf-reader and of course their operating system.

This discussion reminds me that Internet Explorer versions 1 through
3 had a toolbar button to change the font size; see the screenshots
at <http://www.favbrowser.com/internet-explorer-collection-screenshots/>.
These buttons were removed in later versions of Internet Explorer.
The devil's advocate knows why.
I have never seen a similar button in Firefox.
Opera had a zoom widget next to the URL widget until version 7; I
guess slick design is more important now. (In recent versions of
Opera, you need to know how to modify the browser appearance to get
the zoom widget back.)

Best regards,

Christophe

--