RE: ICT accessibility on the municipal level

Hi Catherine,

In the Design for All Foundation we promote a project aimed at
municipalities, the "Flag of Towns and Cities for All", where towns and
cities commit to improve their environments and services (including websites
and other communication materials) to make them accessible to all people. I
can explain it to you in more detail if you are interested. We have been in
a close contact with some of the cities candidates (and finalists) to the
European Awards you mentioned.

Besides, we have some partner companies specialized in accessibility plans
for municipalities. Particularly one of them, ProAsolutions (in Barcelona),
offer ICT accessibility diagnosis to towns and cities.

We have also some knowledge of local administration's initiatives in
Catalonia, like direct subsidies to adapt websites to the WAI criteria.

If you think any of this can be of your interest, please contact me. We will
be grateful to know more about your field of research.

Best regards,

PAUL MUSSACH
Design for All Foundation
pmussach@designforall.org