Accidental Example of Usability and Cognition.. (Was: 2.1.1 keyboard - clarification)

On 11/10/10, Sandi Wassmer <sandi@copious.co.uk> wrote:

> I read a really interesting piece that I think will aid the discussion:
> http://www.dingoaccess.com/accessibility/accessing-nav-drop-downs/

Not quite sure how to say this..

Maybe it's more like whether or not I even should but..

Am having a dickens of a time cognitively comprehending the proffered
webpage's message because there is no lefthand margin showing on that
page on my user end.. The words are therefore not separating out,
standing out to be, well, comprehended by my brain.. In part, is also
almost like my brain's too busy, too preoccupied trying to pull the
words out from the side, separate them away to be able to grasp them
in the first place.. :grin:

Next time anyone hears of input needed regarding cognition and the
Net, this is one I myself would not have thought of offhand in any
self-advocacy I do on the same.. And perhaps you all may find a better
label than under cognition, but that *is* what that layout is
affecting on my user end, for what it's worth in most humble of
feedback............ :)

Warmest from Talking Rock.. :)

Cindy Sue

- :: -
Celebrating Disability Independent Living!

http://delicious.com/SilkWhispers
Georgia Voices That Count, 2005
Talking Rock, GA, USA