Re: Seeking for advices on results from automated web evaluation tools

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 10:14:36 +0200, Salinee Kuakiatwong
<salinee20@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I'm writing a research paper to investigate the inter-reliability of
> automated evaluation tools. I used two automated web evaluation tools to
> scan the same web pages. The findings indicates there are highly
> discrepancies in the results between both tools although they're based on
> the same standard (WCAG 2.0).
>
> I'm new to the field. Any explanation for such a case?

Yes. Automated evaluation is pretty limited - each tool will use its own
set of algortihms and heuristics and therefore probably not even test
exactly the same things, let alone get the same results. You should do a
manual evaluation yourself as part of the research paper, which will give
you more insight into the particular issues that have arisen with the two
automatic evaluations.

cheers

Chaals