Re: W3/WCAG Guideline Outlook 2007 html messages

Bill Tipton wrote:

> The message has images with no text alternative when you open and read
> the message with Jaws 10.

In my experience, HTML email is so far from meeting accessibility
requirements that I'm not sure I'd want to pick on one point.  The
reality is that it is there to allow people to produce WYSIWYG emails,
when using the same brand of software at both ends.

It is just possible that some clients can behave well with a well
trained writer, but the software is not intended to be used primarily by
well trained writers.

Specifically on alt text for images.  That is primarily a rssponsibility
  for writers.  Tools can make it impossible, by not exposing the
necessary user interfaces to the writer, but no tool can produce useful
alternative text without the help of the writer.
--
David Woolley