From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: Htacces and WCAG 2
To: "W Reagan" <wreagan1@yahoo.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, gv@trace.wisc.edu
Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2009, 1:22 PM

On 12/08/2009 13:28, W Reagan wrote:
> If I knew which rules were applicable, I would not ask.

I didn't ask which Success Criterion was applicable, I asked which you thought /might/ conflict. Answering my question would involve you reading the list of Success Criteria and asking yourself the simple question of whether each one might conflict and why.

For instance, do you think -

"1.4.1 Use of Color: Color is not used as the only visual means of conveying information, indicating an action, prompting a response, or distinguishing a visual element."

- might conflict with blocking HTTP requests by IP or referrer and, if so, why?

Is it your intention to ask the same formula question ("Does X conflict with WCAG 2.0?") of this Interest Group for every single design decision your company makes with this website, or do have special reason to think that blocking by IP or referrer would reduce the accessibility of your website to people with disabilities?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis