Re: Succession Criteria 3.2.4

On 12/08/2009 14:20, W Reagan wrote:
> I have advised the Working Group my site does not contain any forms, or
> scripts.
> However, I a member of WAI advised me, even with links it is applicable.

That makes sense.

Links are "Components that have … functionality", are they not?

> Therefore, my follow up question is this:
> If I template my page based on ada.gov and/or disabilityinfo.gov will
> the links pass Succession Criteria 3.2.4.

If you do that /and/ "Components that have the same functionality within
a set of Web page are identified consistently", then you will pass
Success Criterion 3.2.4. If you "template your page" but "Components
that have the same functionality within a set of Web page are [not]
identified consistently", then you will fail.

> The difference between the two sites is ada.gov has links at the top and
> the bottom.
> Disabilityinfo.gov has links at the left, which are also at the bottom.

I don't see the significance of this difference for Success Criterion
3.2.4. Please explain your thinking.

> Are these a good starting template?

After a /very/ brief look at the two homepages, I'm personally more
impressed by disability.gov.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis