Re: 2.4.4 WITH PDF'S

On 11 Aug 2009, at 07:41, Chris Reeve wrote:

> I recenty go a new opinion from an Accessibility Based Forum:
>
> 1) The rule at associated with G189 is "not applicable" when the
> document is in only one format.

G189 is a technique. There are no 'rules' associated with it.

However, the thought that it is only useful when links to different
formats of the same document appear is clearly rubbish. That is just
one example of when it could be useful.

> 2) G189 (providing the text links for the document size and type) is
> not a required techinque, but a related/advisory technique to pass
> Succession Criteria 2.4.4

There are no required techniques. Only success criteria are required.

> 4) I would like to revise my suggestion to w3.org on Technique H30.
> I suggested <alt="PDF format"> when there was no image.

This is not HTML.

> Most sites contain an image that links to Adobe Reader download. If
> I link to a site that contains the Adobe Reader image can use (img
> src+alt="PDF Format")

I don't understand this question.

--
David Dorward