Re: Text Links (WCAG 2.0/2.4.4 and 2.4.9)

An accessibility based forum showed an example of 2.4.4 and 2.4.9 with their own site. The link did not equal the title of the page, but the link vs. title was very close in order to meet 2.4.9.

I will be using their sample for the Army and related links.

--- On Mon, 8/10/09, Chris Reeve <chrisreeve15@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Chris Reeve <chrisreeve15@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Text Links (WCAG 2.0/2.4.4 and 2.4.9)
To: "Michael S Elledge" <elledge@msu.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, public-comments-wcag20@w3.org
Date: Monday, August 10, 2009, 6:14 PM

Michael, your comments are based on screen reader accessibility. If I wanted a screen-reader reasponse, I would ask the National Federation of the Blind, the American Federation of the Blind, or Freedom Scientic.

I wanted a response to confirm that my that will or will not conflict with the associated techniques for 2.4.4. Our agency has decided to adopt 2.4.4, but not 2.4.9.

1) Does the fact that we will reject 2.4.9, and the sample I gave cause a 2.4.4 failure, or a 2.4.9 failure.
 2) Is the technique "Sufficient" enough so even if we decided to reject 2.4.9, we accidentally pass?
 3) Does 2.4.4 still pass?

4) For Sufficient Techniques associated with 2.4.4, will we have to change the text link to match the title of the destination link?

5) For Sufficient Techniques associated with 2.4.9, will we have to change the text link to match the title of the destination link?

I am looking for a general answer for Sufficient Techniques associated with 2.4.4 and with 2.4.9.