Re: Color Contrast/G148

Hi William,

At 21:39 7/08/2009, W Reagan wrote:
>I only have two items that specify color.. 1) Headings and 2) a
>horizontal line.
>
>How can I keep my existing colors for my headings and horizontal
>line, and still pass G189.

There is no conflict between G189 and colours for headings or horizontal lines.
In fact, if your colours pass SC1.4.3 or SC1.4.6, why would you need
technique G189? Does your site fail other success criteria at the
level you want to reach?

>For colors of white backgroud white black text, my style sheet will
>not parse unless I specify backgroud-color: #FFF.
>
>Therefore, it contradicts Parsing 4.1.1.

SC4.1.1 does not enforce a white background in CSS; you can use any
colour that provides sufficient contrast at the level you want to claim.

>I need to pass Parsing and Color Contrast.
>I am using G189 because there is a reference to Consistent ID, which
>I also need to pass.
>
>Can I kill four birds with one stone? (1) Color, (2) Parsing, (3),
>Consistent ID, and (4) G189?

It is still not clear why you think you need G189.

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe