RE: accessibility supported questions

The article I referred to outlines the versions of Acrobat, Reader, JAWS and
Window Eyes we used
(http://www.dingoaccess.com/accessibility/accessibility-supported/ ). But
more importantly it states that I was not primarily writing about the
technologies.

Quote:  “At the outset, I would like to make it clear that although this
test involved PDF forms, my comments are not intended as a reflection on the
general use or accessibility of PDF and could equally apply to any other web
technology.” End quote.

I am sure that the forms could be “debugged” and made to work with the
screen readers we used, but I thought the inconsistencies in performance and
the narrow band of web technology versions that appeared to work reasonably
well at this stage raised some interesting issues and questions about what
do we mean by accessibility supported. I come at this not from the point of
view of a developer, but rather as a tester who is asked to see if something
complies with WCAG 2.

Thanks for the comments

Roger

Roger Hudson

Web Usability

Ph: 02 9568 1535

Mb: 0405 320 014

Email:  <mailto:rhudson@usability.com.au> rhudson@usability.com.au

Web:  <http://www.usability.com.au/> www.usability.com.au

Blog: www.dingoaccess.com

In times of greed when justice is hard to find, perhaps a little magic is
required: A story of redemptive justice for bleak sub-prime times.

Freezer:  <http://www.dingoaccess.com/freezer/>
http://www.dingoaccess.com/freezer/

  _____