Re: IE8 Accelerators

Ryan Jean wrote:

> Is the map feature in Accelerators web accessible?

As far as I can tell, after investing 30 seconds into the effort of
looking, the accelerators just recognize patterns of data (such as
addresses) in a page and add links to the document.

This comes down to three points. All of which should be pretty obvious.

* Is the feature itself visible to AT?

This basically boils down to "Did Microsoft expose the UI to the
accessibility interface?". Answer: Probably, but it doesn't matter since
the data is still in the page and readable in the normal way.

* Is the map accessible?

That depends on the map being linked to - I see there are at least two
different ones in the gallery of accelerators.

* If the feature doesn't work (because it is IE specific) is the page
still accessible?

Of course it is, the data is still there in human readable form.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/