Re: Use of Canvas tag and loading alternate templates

Stephani L. Roberts wrote:

> I've read the recent posts about ideas for how to make use of the Canvas
> tag more accessible. All great ideas, but also a lot of work that's
> possibly not worth if for this type of content. With Web 2.0 content
> re-purposing (re-publishing), we were thinking that this financial the
> data might be better served to screen readers in a clean simplified

With AJAX, or rather AJAH technology, you ought to be able to create a
clean HTML page and then have the complex page read it, client side, and
do its worst.

The fun will be seeing whether users start using the straightforward
HTML version because it is fast and stable.

However, your options may be limited if the data is commercially
valuable.  If it is, sending it in a published, easy to digest, format
may be considered too high a risk, and, if the data is from a third
party, might be forbidden by the licence.

--
David Woolley