Re: Compliance Logos

Hi Shawn,

At 18:30 22/04/2009, Shawn Henry wrote:
>Ryan Jean wrote:
>>When will the new WCAG 2.0 logos come out?
>
>Hi Ryan,
>
>The WCAG 2.0 logos are here http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG2-Conformance.html
>
>You can get to them:
>* from the WCAG Overview <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag.php>, the
>"Conformance Logos" link in the navigation
>* from the WAI site map <http://www.w3.org/WAI/sitemap.html>, the
>"W3C WCAG 2.0 Conformance Logos" link under Guidelines & Techniques

The conformance section in WCAG 2.0
<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#conformance>, which is referenced by
the page at the first of the above links, also states which
components are required in a conformance claim. In other words, if
any required component is used, each of the other required components
must also be used. The logos are a way of stating conformance at a
certain level, and this fits the description of one of the required
components of a conformance claim. This means that all of the other
required components also need to be present, in other words: it is
inappropriate to use conformance logos in isolation, without a real
conformance claim. (See the note: "If a conformance logo is used, it
would constitute a claim and must be accompanied by the required
components of a conformance claim listed above" below the list of
required components
<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#conformance-required>.) However, the
page about conformance logos does not mention this. Would it be
possible to add this? The WCAG 1.0 conformance logos have been abused
too much; we should at least make it very obvious how the WCAG 2.0
should not be used.

Best regards,

Christophe Strobbe

--