Re: Layout Tables vs. Style Sheets

Harry Loots wrote:

> For example, why not:
> 1) Create a div, add some content, 2) create another one, add more content 3)

I don't believe the target market for these tools has a work flow
anything like this.  I think they start with a concept for a layout, and
only really start putting in "content" at the very last stage.  Starting
from content is the, relatively low status, job of a technical author.
The tools are designed for the, high status, job of advertising executive.

Quite likely the layout concept comes from someone with no understanding
of HTML/CSS and it is the job of the authors to match that as closely as
possible, using any tactics available, and not to be limited by good
practice.  The layout may well be just a mock up, with greeked text.

> PS! IMHO: developers who build standards-based websites normally prefer
> Notepad ;)

Which is one reason why tool makers aren't interested in people
interested in standards.  They will only pander to standards because
standards conformance improves the buzzword count.

--
David Woolley