Re: OFF TOPIC - Shame on Google

Harry Loots wrote:

> When was Google elevated to status of beyond reproach?

I never said that they were, and I have reproached Google in the past.

> If it was Microsoft being criticised would you have defended them in
> the same
> manner?

If the circumstances were the same, absolutely. I would [1] and I have
[2].

1. Though I might do it from a different email account. ;-)

2. For example, web developers love to criticize Internet Explorer,
but they forget that at the time version 4 and 5 were released, IE was
leaps and bounds above the competition. I've defended Microsoft on
this point in the past, and while I prefer the current versions of
Safari, Firefox, and Opera to IE, it doesn't mean I think IE is a
terrible product that brings shame on Microsoft as a whole.