Re: JavaScript and Screen Readers

Ryan Jean wrote:
> The funny thing is when I use "document.write()" or "innerHTML", the screen
> reader will read the alt in the img tag but not the text.

What text? Do you mean text inside the img element? The img element has
an empty content model and shouldn't have any text inside it.

Do you have a reduced test case that shows what you're talking about?

> The only way I
> worked around all this "document.write()" issue is to set everything in a
> textarea tag. The issue with that is it removes all HTML coding and you lose
> images.

I don't really follow how this makes any sense as a workaround.

Sounds like you're getting JAWS to provide a more up-to-date rendition
of the page by forcing it into forms mode.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis