Re: Template for Accessible Web Page

On 24 Mar 2008, at 19:06, Haileselassie, Antonio O. (HQ-LM020)
[InDyne, Inc] wrote:
>> Which results in a tiny target area for clicks. Labels on radio
>> buttons and checkboxes are probably those which most benefit pointing
>> device users.
>
> There isn't always one way to accomplish "accessibility" (<label>
> tags)
> and using this means is still accessible, but possibly lacks the
> "usability" that some would prefer.

Tell that to people with motor control related handicaps.

>>> Which sections did you find to be JavaScript dependant?
>
>> Select element as navigation.
>
> I did find the quicklinks select element to be JavaScript dependent
> and
> this should definitely be avoided if not necessary. But, isn't WCAG
> moving away from requiring JavaScript to be disabled?

Assuming you mean "Requiring sites to function with JavaScript
disabled", I gather that it is. It isn't something I agree with.

The current specification (WCAG 1.0) is quite clear though:

  "Ensure that pages are usable when scripts, applets, or other
programmatic objects are turned off or not supported."

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/