RE: Which ARIA Roles do you use to mark-up clickable regions within a content view?

Dave Woolley wrote:

> I would say that was a checkbox label

I think I see the logic behind what you are saying.

If the representation of the content, the content-view, allows you to
select one component of that view and the result of the selection is to
open one of a set of many edit dialogs then you could regard the
content-view as a wairole:select and each clickable component as a label
of an wairole:option.

As the revealed wairole:dialog would be a modal dialog could you then
look at the view as a select1?

I think that would give sufficient clues that the content-view is part
of the interface and therefore navigable.

As you made a reference to a 'checkbox label' I would like to bring up
another issue I have reguarding ARIA roles and the concept of a label.
There are wairole:description, wairole:tooltip and the aria:labeledby
property, but there does not appear to be an ARIA role of wairole:label.

Why is that?

Regards

Philip Fennell