De : Andrew Kirkpatrick [mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 31 octobre 2007 03:21
À : jassanaly@ipedis.com
Cc : w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Objet : RE: Flash player & audio-description

Sure, it is pretty simple.

Add this code to your FLA file (it assumes the instance name for your video
playback component is my_FLVPlybk):

import fl.video.*;

my_FLVPlybk.addASCuePoint(8.35, "ASpt1");  //add AS cue point
my_FLVPlybk.addASCuePoint(23.23, "ASpt2");  //add 2nd Aspt
my_FLVPlybk.addEventListener(MetadataEvent.CUE_POINT, cp_listener);

function cp_listener(eventObject:MetadataEvent):void {
        if (eventObject.info.name == "ASpt1") {
            var snd0:Sound = new Sound(new URLRequest("sphere.mp3"));
   snd0.play();
        } else if (eventObject.info.name == "ASpt2") {
            var snd:Sound = new Sound(new URLRequest("transfrm.mp3"));
   snd.play();
  }
}

This will play two audio descriptions, one at 8.35 seconds and another at
23.23 seconds.  You would, of course, modify the times to match when your
audio descriptions need to be played and modify the AD file names.  You'd
likely have more files for description too, but this example should get you
started.

You would also want to provide some UI to enable the AD user to turn the
descriptions on and off.  You could make the descriptions on by default when
a screen reader is detected as an added feature...

Hope this helps.

AWK

  _____