Re: No ALT place to go from CSS background images. The frustrating Australian situation

Thanks Michael,

Thanks Mike, I believe that you are correct but I still have a
pernickety issue with CSS presentational images.

Some images could be in-between presentational content and aesthetics,
like a Newspaper masthead. You already know which paper you are
reading, so they are presentational graphics, but my wish would be that
CSS allowed atl attributes and a londesc so I could link to a sound
file alternative to the CSS graphic content, so those who can't see the
presentational graphics have some alternative sounds presented for
them. The reason why I don't want the images in the page html is that
the linked CSS allows seven optional layouts and different graphics.

You are right, the move to accessible websites is happening so very
slowly in Australia it seems to be standing still, web courses here
teach Photoshop and Dreamweaver and zero accessibility is taught at any
Australian course that I know of (except one to Universities who detest
my reviews) A snail's pace move for accessibility and they tend to
shoot the messenger in Australia, but I admit I am on the more extreme
side of being an activist advocating change that is unwelcome and I am
a hard target to shoot pardon the pun. Wal-Mart is not much better.

I hope we see some good moves in America soon, though as John noted it
is only so far it is only a class action case allowed to proceed, but
they are the best cases on behalf of more than one disadvantaged person
and corporations will be dragged along kicking and screaming followed
by a bunch of impotent html illiterate luddite lawyers.

Tim

The Editor
Heretic Press
http://www.hereticpress.com