Re: WCAG 2.0 and scripting

Patrick Lauke wrote:

> The part concerning accessibility supported technologies should be
> fairly stable in the current draft. You can already work towards WCAG

WCAG compliance is often a contractual requirement (typically by
universities and public services).  I believe, in some countries, it is
enshrined in legislation.  In these circumstances, people will be
reluctant to accept anything other than the existing, approved, standards.

> 2.0, as long as you reference exactly which version / draft you're
> referring to.

Incidentally, I take the view that accessibility should be considered as
universal accessibility, and in the UK, I think that is government
policy ("the digital divide") even if there is no legislation.  It is,
however, difficult for businesses, who are reluctant to provide
accessibility for the disabled without legislation, and certainly don't
want to help people who can't afford their products, and the W3C is an
industry consortium.

--
David Woolley