Re: support for sub and sup in screen readers and talking browsers

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:24:38 +0200, Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Instead of asking users, I believe you should be asking the screen reader
> developers if or when they plan to support it.

I think it is legitimate (and useful) to survey the current state of the
art, and the different screen readers and systems are something that
different users might have. When I get connected I'll check with Opera 9.5
alpha / VoiceOver, and Safari/VoiceOver.

I don't have windows, so can't check the screenreaders on the 9.5 alpha
for windows, but I can ask our testers, who collectively have 4 screen
readers available...

> User agents have a role in the total accessible solution equation too.

Indeed. Voice-enabled opera could potentially do this with media-specific
style, for example (I haven't checked the details...)

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com   http://snapshot.opera.com - Kestrel (9.5α1)