Re: Marking Up Mathematical Symbols

Hi Andy,

At 15:38 12/09/2007, Andy Laws wrote:
>Can any one please advise on best practices for
>marking up Mathematical Symbols such as ------> ø

I thought that the LAMBDA project had interesting
information on access to mathematics, but I can't
check that right now because the website is undergoing maintenance. The URL is
http://www.lambdaproject.org/

In May this year, somebody sent the URL of the
Equplus website to the WAI-XTech mailing list:
http://equplus.net/
The idea is to provide math and science equations
in TeX, MathML, PNG-image and MathType format.
However, for most equations that I have checked,
only PNG, TeX and MathType are provided, and the
PNG images don't have an alt  attribute (not even
for simple things like a + 0 = a).

Best regards,

Christophe

--