From: "Elizabeth J. Pyatt" <ejp10@psu.edu>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 2:47 PM
Subject: Re: User Testing of Accessiblity Features

>Appropriate language.

  I assume by "appropriate language" you would
mean that the writer would choose phrasing and
words appropriate to the venue? At least that
would be my interpretation ;).

I would agree that  it would be more efficient at
conveying tone/emotion than hearing about rounded
corners.

>So help me. What would it take for a communicator to convey a sense
>of (at least in this imaginary instance) friendliness and youth to
>someone with limited or no vision?

A more interesting question is how many screen
reader users  really do want to hear all the alt
tags for for decorative details?

To me, some of it sounds more like well-justified
caution to get all the information than an actual
desire to hear about decor. That is, a user would
want to make sure he or she is not missing a
critical link or date...or am I missing the mark
on this one?

Elizabeth
--
Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.