Re: Formal Recorded Complaint

Dearest Everyone..

On 7/30/07, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:

> Yes, accessibility is essential part of our charter...
>   http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html#coordination
> ... but figuring out how to achieve it is hard work.

Most respectfully in direct response to what prompted this most recent
exchange across the lists.......

And I've said it before on some level specifically within this
extended community..

Requiring and implementing respectful language in addressing others is
not (hard work)..

At the time I originally said it, my post was in response to those
considering design with cognitive disabilities in mind.. My original
request was addressing language as it would be used in recommendations
that would be viewed worldwide..

This moment now, it is in direct response to the ridicule that was
extended towards all who seek universal access for persons with
disabilities..

Most humbly, to those wishing constructive feedback, I once again
recommend two of my own local resources:

disABILITY LINK, Decatur, Georgia :: 404-687-8890
Contacts: Margo Waters, Hilary Elliott, Linda Pogue, Rebecca Ramage-Tuttle

Georgia Advocacy Office :: 404-885-1234
Contacts: Ruby Moore, Cheri Mitchell

For your considerations :: There are those who will view what occurred
as "ableism" (aka ablism), the equivalent to sexism or racism with
respect to persons of (all) disabilities..

Peace and best wishes..

Cindy Sue

- :: -
http://CindySueCausey.blogspot.com