Re: TIFF as accessibility option

This is also a problem that arose in the Google Libraries project
(http://newsbreaks.infotoday.com/nbreader.asp?ArticleID=16307), where
the plan was to scan the library resources of Harvard, Stanford, the
University of Michigan, and Oxford University, as well as the New York
Public Library (NYPL) and make them available for online searching. I
don't know what has happened recently, but the original plan was to show
the search results in a tiff file (which, since it is an image file, is
inaccessible to screen readers). John Wilkin at U Mich libraries had
brought the need for accessibility to Google's attention.

Mike